Fundamentals of Mecanim Animation
Learn the basics of animation in Unity. Use the Mecanim animation system to control animation states, use parameters, transitions, and more.
Learn what this course has to offer
Learn the basics of creating simple animations
Mecanim Animation States
Learn how to control animation states using transitions, parameters and C# scripting
Animating 2D Elements
Learn how to use 2D Sprites within Mecanim
Test yourself by recreating this scene from scratch
What did you learn about animation in Unity?
Lets get Animated!
This course will be part of a two part course covering animation using Mecanim and basic Keyframe animations. In this course we’ll start off by going over the basics of learning how to create simple animations using the Animation view. We’ll then jump into using Animator Controllers along with the Mecanim animation state machine system.
Things we’ll discuss in this course include:
- Using the dopesheet and curves for creating keyframe animations
- Utilizing Animation Events with a C# script
- Adding Animation states using an Animator Controller
- Using Transitions and parameters to move from one animation state to another
- Simple examples of using inputs within a C# script to control transitions
There’s quite a bit to discuss regarding animation and this will get you started with creating animations in Unity and controlling them with Mecanim. In a subsequent character animation course we’ll dive in deeper to look at layers, masks, blend trees and more.
Lesson Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Question from a free member on a free intro video.
Do goats have wings?
Download any course files here.
- Animation View : HD Video( 18.3 MB )
- Using Animation Curves : HD Video( 7.5 MB )
- Adding Animation Events : HD Video( 9 MB )
- Mecanim Animation States : HD Video( 8.5 MB )
- Adding Animation Transitions and Parameters : HD Video( 12.3 MB )
- Mecanim Scripting : HD Video( 19. 5 MB )
Check out submission from others.Submit your Image
Oh snap! No one has submitted their course results yet.
Sharing your work is a great way to grow as an artist. Why don't you take the lead and share your results for this course?